Wednesday, October 1, 2008

STARTING to smell????????

I LOVE David Letterman! His intelligence and warped sense of humor make me dream of him being a part of my warped family. When I was younger, B.C. (before children), I actually watched him religiously during the week. Now, that is an impossibility. (The 2 teacher household does not allow for TiVo.) My only "Dave Fixes" are the local CBS station website "Top 10" posting and fuzzy clips from You Tube.

Sadly, someone dissed my Dave! John McCain not only canceled his appearance on "Late Night", but downright LIED about it!! He said something about flying to Washington to save the country, when in fact he went on a different program. When Letterman found out he was stood up, he said, "Ladies and gentlemen, this is starting to smell!"

STARTING to smell? McCain has been decaying since day one of his campaign and Palin just added more maggots to the entire decomposition process. It is my hope that the two of them will just break down and be done with it. The one positive thing about their decay is that the stench might have woken up enough people to keep this country alive and not have it die along with the Republican Party. Lies, greed, blame and blatant nastiness have accompanied this putrid pair to the point where we need to say "ENOUGH!"

Besides, if we can't trust McCain to show up for Dave, will he be there for us? If he lies to Letterman, can we trust him to be truthful to the American people? I DON'T THINK SO! Ladies and gentlemen, it DOES smell!!

2 comments:

EJG said...

you go! The vp debate was also conclusive. This ticket smells like my old brown robe and tube socks (inside joke).
Joe hit it out of the ball park. If palin were not a woman, people would be talking about how joe nailed his opponent. But she decided to spend all week lowering expectations. Joe was smart, articulate, and right about the issues. He never let any of palins scripted attacks stick. And she never had an answer to his rebukes.
I actually heard one pundit say that she did good because she said all the right things; hockey mom, maverick, walmart, gosh darn it.
I think America saw through it, though. I hope

BJNR said...

I hope so too....
I think you nailed it on the head when you compared the Republican party to your brown robe and tube socks!! :-)